Impressions of America
After 11 months in Africa, I spent two wonderful weeks in the United States visiting friends and family. Some of my thoughts during the trip, in chronological order:
1. British people get really pale in the winter time.
2. People don't really buy all those expensive handbags, do they?
3. The North East is really cold.
4. The average American doesn't have ANY idea what life is like for the average African.
5. Oregon is really cold.
6. What's tempranillo?
7. I'm dehydrated; why isn't anyone selling water sachets?....oh yeah I can drink the tap water.
8. Los Angeles is sometimes really cold.
9. Wow, Hulu might actually make money with its premium service.
10. DC is really cold.
11. GAAH what is this Friday song?! I need to go back to Ghana!
12. Tamale is really hot.
Leave a Reply.
I have worked in economic policy and research in Washington, D.C. and Ghana. My husband and I recently moved to Guyana, where I am working for the Ministry of Finance. I like riding motorcycle, outdoor sports, foreign currencies, capybaras, and having opinions.