I’ve enjoyed seeing Tom Delay on Dancing with the Stars. While his
actual dancing has been awkward, he has made up for it with his humor.
My favorite line from him? Tom’s dance instructor: “Now go left!” Tom: “It’s simply outrageous for me to go left!!” I think there should be more politicians on DWTS, and Newsweek agrees with me. They’ve published a list of 11 politicians they’d like to see on the show, including Janet Reno, Vladimir Putin, and Levi Johnston.
In that spirit, DWTS should get some economists on. Here are some I’d like to see:
· Jeffrey Sachs. Bono could perform for the results show.
· Hank Paulson. Not technically an economist , I know, but maybe we could finally see him run like a bunny.
· Stephen Levitt. I’m sure he’d come out of it with some research revealing fascinating insights into what it takes to win on the show.
· Austan Goolsbee. I think he’d be a crowd-pleaser. Also, he might rub Len Goodman’s head.
· Caroline Hoxby. She’s got an elegant look, and as a Rhodes Scholar, probably athletic aptitude.
· Paul Krugman. Not going to happen, but one can dream.
Other ideas? Share them in the comment section.
I have worked in economic policy and research in Washington, D.C. and Ghana. My husband and I recently moved to Guyana, where I am working for the Ministry of Finance. I like riding motorcycle, outdoor sports, foreign currencies, capybaras, and having opinions.